Address: 115 N. Poplar St.
Aberdeen, unlike newer neighboring resort towns, was a flourishing community as early as the 1760's.
Located near the intersection of important regional roads, the town became the access point to two major railroads. Originally it was named Bethesda, then Blue's Crossing and finally Aberdeen for the city in Scotland.
Lumber, turpentine, industry and commerce were the economic mainstays.
Today, the Aberdeen Historic District includes 88 acres and more thatn 100 buildings from the late 19th centuries. Antiques and collectible shops as well as Union Station are located there.
Skirting the historic area is a thriving commercial strip that streches along U.S.1 into Southern Pines.
** To request more info, please fill out the following form: